Come on in, pull up an egg and check out our cool activities.
Crafty EggsEggs to be coloured and decorated can be raw, blown hollow or hard-cooked.
You can make coloured eggs, funny faces, animals, or Christmas ornaments using eggs. (Decorated eggs used as ornaments should have the contents blown out.)
Food Safety Note: If coloured hard-cooked eggs are to be eaten, be sure to use only non-toxic colouring dyes on the shells (e.g. food colouring) and do not leave the eggs unrefrigerated for more than two hours.
Here's how to prepare your eggs:
- Start by washing and drying the egg
- Pierce both ends with a large needle
- Slightly enlarge the hole at the small end of the egg
- Push the needle well into the egg in order to break the yolk
- Hold the egg over a bowl and with the small end down, blow into the hole at the opposite end until all the egg is removed
- Rinse the shell with cold water and allow to dry thoroughly. (Use the raw egg for an omelette, quiche or scrambled eggs.)
Now you're ready to colour or paint your eggs!