Recycle broken eggshells to create a pretty mosaic!
To do this you need to:Prepare a variety of dye colours in plastic containers.
- Dye the eggshells by simply immersing them in a little amount of hot water with a few drops of food colouring.
- Add a drop of vinegar to the water to help set the colour.
- Leaving the shells in for varied lengths of time will create different shades of colour to work with.
- Remove shells from dyes and spread them out on paper towels to dry.
- When the shells are dry, gather the different colours in separate containers.
- Arrange the shell pieces in the basic mosaic design before beginning to glue.
- When satisfied with the mosaic placement, the shell pieces can be glued into place with white glue.
- If you prefer a shiny glaze on the completed project, use a clear spray lacquer to coat the entire mosaic.