1. Eggs contain 11 different vitamins and minerals.
2. Eggs have the highest nutritional quality protein of all food sources.
3. The surface of each eggshell can contain as many as 17,000 tiny pores.
4. Due to the variety of nutrients found in eggs, they are an ideal food to include in the diets of older adults.
5. Eggs are a source of omega-3 fats (the healthy fats), which can have significant benefits for the heart and blood vessels.
6. The perfect poached egg is cooked for 3-4mins.
7. Research supports the inclusion of around 6 eggs a week as part of a healthy diet.
8. Eggs are kept at their freshest when stored in their cartons, in the fridge.
9. It is suggested that eating eggs may help treat acne, as they lower the glycaemic load of the diet.